Sunday, June 05, 2011

you've gotta believe it to see it

I'm learning that to be who I want to be, I need to believe it and share it.

Yesterday, while preparing for a 1950s-themed night for the girls, I had the movie "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn & Gregory Peck playing.



In between my scratch-made baking of cream puffs and chocolate-whipped cream, I watched the behind the scenes extras from the film. There were interviews of actors, notable, versatile, true-to character, actors who lived and breathed acting. They respected the art. They honored the art. They lived the art. They shared their art.

Here is art, something created by God (though we like to take credit for it), and those most passionate about it long to share their innermost treasure. Do we share our innermost passion? Do we share our inner art with the world around us? With anyone around us?

Think of a child who has drawn a picture and eagerly runs to show mom and dad. It's that childlike joy artists own. It must be lived, breathed and shared.

It's that joy I realized I want more of. I want to own it.

The author André Gide said, "Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better."

I want to see more of Christ in me and less of the me I've allowed this world to hurt.

I saw Saturday afternoon, it's going to start with believing in the me God sees.

As a constant reminder, I posted a sign on my front door:


I'm learning that if I want others to see this in me, I need to start by believing it myself.

God made you and me as a breath of fresh air to share.

How can you share life with those around you?

No comments: